Start living like a millionaire! What stops you from living a luxury life? If your answer is 'money', I can understand, however, let's look at this in a different perspective.
Here are some Savvy Millionaire ultimate luxuries with creative solutions so that you can shift your money and perspectives to make it happen! Why not? It's about your priority. I myself, would prefer to purchase a beach house in the Yucatan instead of a new car but you may prefer to have the latest BMW instead of a 6 year old Civic.
Personal Assistant - 2 half days per week instead of buying the latest kitchen appliance when yours is still working
Maid - 2 times per month instead of 4 family take out dinners
Chauffeur - Hire a driver instead of paying for a new luxury car with insurance, parking costs, maintenance. ($800 month). Imagine taking out your clients in a chauffeur driven car or showing up to an appointment with the driver opening the car door for you.
Laundry - Use a wash and fold pick-up delivery service ($25 - $50 bi-weekly) instead of purchasing the latest front end loader and lower water bills.
Personal Stylist - Each season hire a professional ($200) instead of paying $200 in non - essential clothes that are unflattering and keep your closet cluttered
Personal Trainer - Have a trainer come to your home 2 times per week and double up with your spouse or neighbour to be even more cost effective instead of costly eating on the run , 'empty' calories and gym memberships
Personal Hairstylist - Have a standing weekly wash & style(lasts 3 days) on Fridays to look great all weekend or Mondays for important work meetings instead of your magazine subscriptions and morning latte. The salon has magazines and coffee!
Louboutin Shoes - If a pair of designer sexy heels is a must start with a classic style so you can have them for years to come instead of unconscious shopping that adds up.
Beach House - Buy a vacation property in an exotic affordable destination instead of buying another new car. Your car has a few more years in it and your vacation property can make you money too!
Original Art - Rent art from any gallery or favored artist instead of dinner and a movie.
Give yourself an affordable luxury this year. Make a list of 5 luxury services or items and write down 3 steps you could take to achieve it. What could you exchange? What could you eliminate? How could you shift your money? Let's chat and discover how you can really make it happen.
To your success!,
_Here is an edited version of a viral email going around with great gift ideas to support your local community.
Support your small business owners and independent retailers to keep their doors open. Remember, folks this isn't about big National chains.
And the great news is that you will beat all the crowds of people and jammed parking lots. Who wouldn't want everything on this list?! I know that I could use and would appreciate every gift listed here.
1 Most people get their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local hair salon or barber?
2) Gym membership. Yoga Classes. Dance Classes. It's appropriate for all ages who are thinking about some health improvement.
3) Car Detailing. Small, owner operated detail shops and car washes would love to sell you a gift certificate.
4) Need a big ticket item? Driveway sealed, lawn mowed for the summer or driveway plowed all winter, games at the local golf course.
5) Owner-run restaurants -- all offering gift certificates. If your intended isn't the fancy eatery sort, what about a half dozen breakfasts at the local breakfast joint?
6) How many people couldn't use an oil change for their car, truck or motorcycle, done at a shop run by a local working guy?
7) Heartfelt gift for mom? Mom would LOVE the services of a local cleaning lady for a day.
8) Computer tune-up? Find some young guy who is trying to get his repair business up and running.
9) More personal? Local crafts people spin their own wool and knit them into scarves. They make jewelry, and pottery and beautiful wooden boxes.
10) A business coach or personal life coach. How about Floydilou's Festivepreneur Special!
11) Original Art - such as Artcite's "Doin' the Louvre" with all items under $100.
Plan your holiday outings at local, owner operated restaurants and leave your server a nice tip. And, how about going out to see a play or ballet at your hometown theatre?
Musicians need love too, so find a venue showcasing local bands.
Please comment below and share your ideas on great gift ideas to support our local people, small business owners and community.
To your success - and Happy Holiday Shopping!
_The other night I was watching the T.V. show, Restaurant Impossible. At the end of the show, the restaurant owner, filled with emotion, says, "It's light, bright and a new lease on life." Tears came to my eyes as I watched this hard working boomer who was 'stuck'. He owned and operated his business for 30 years and he was desperate to bring pride back to himself and his wife. The restaurant wasn't doing well and that made him feel like a failure. Not true! Sometimes you just need to allow yourself to hand over your control to someone else who can see you and your business in its best light. It will give you a new lease on life.
I enjoy make-over shows, whether it's for homes, businesses or people. My friend, Jenn Merritt , coined me as the 'transformation specialist'. I know how to transform people, places and businesses with my vast experience (mentioned below)...and I get my 'high' when we can do it quickly and affordably for you.
A common phrase the astonished recipient of home or place transformations is , "It's so light, bright and airy!" You can feel their burdens being lifted. You can feel the new energy it provides. The next time you watch one of those 'room make-over' shows, I guarantee that you will most likely hear the words, light, bright and airy. Yep, you will think of me with a smirk on your face. Another common phrase always said after a personal transformation is, "Look at my eyes!" or "I can't believe I can look this good!" It's as though they are seeing themselves being beautiful for the first time with a new set of eyes....and it's only make-up! ...or hair...or clothes.
5 Action Steps To Start Transforming Your LIfe:
1) Treat yourself. Make the decision to re-direct your money to the one 'stuck' thing that bothers you most. You are worth it.
2) Personal Clutter - Hire a clutter coach. Hire a professional organizer. Hire a friend who is really good at organizing.
3) Mind Clutter - Start reading good personal development books. Do daily affirmations in front of your mirror. Write things down.
4) Business Clutter - Hire someone who is good a putting systems into place. Systems will give you freedom.
5) Home Clutter - Hire a professional home stager even if you aren't re-selling. Do you have a friend, family member or neighbour whose home you admire? Invite them for dinner and ask them for suggestions or assistance. Have your own "Trading Spaces" event within your own home. Get two rooms done in two days with the help of your teenagers and family. Have a professional decorator oversee the projects.
Simple transformations can make an all around impact in your life in ways you would least expect it. Let's get you started for the New Year.
To your success,
As mentioned above, here is my experience that brings me to the passionate 'transformation specialist'.
I am an accredited CSP, Certified Staging Professional - the art and technique of preparing a home for sale beyond de-cluttering.
I am a 22 years veteran in the restaurant industry - front of house, mostly face paced, high turnover or pub style
I have 15 years in a direct sales herbal and botanical cosmetic company, - from Hollywood makeovers to personal development training
As the New Year approaches, did you accomplish what you set out to do? "
"Is your life any different from last year?"
Would you like to start your own business but fear leaving your career...continue reading.
If you have skill or passion in the following categories,
I have 11 'off the hook' and low cost start-up biz ideas for you that are unique and exciting:
Business/Personal Development Books
Mechanic or Cars
Babies and Motherhood
In today's world you can start your own business while maintaining your career.In matter of fact, I highly recommend you keep your job or your corporate position until you match your income. You can start your own business without spending daunting hours after long work days. Having a strong mentor and coach who helps you to laser focus, you can get much accomplished in a shorter period of time. Technology and other creative solutions such as interns, students, and virtual assistants can only expedite your journey as well. Your coach and mentor is able to hold your vision for you and guide you along so that each week and every quarter you see results. To start, I recommend working in 90 day increments. Most people can make a commitment for just about anything for 90 days. This allows you to take a step forward. If you don't start, what will change? Work with someone who not only understands what you want to accomplish but can really help guide you. There are consultants and coaches for specific niches such as lifestyle, health, relationship and business.
Make a comment below and if you are seriously interested in starting a business for 2012, let's talk. I love showing and guiding people on how to turn their passion and skill set into a profitable business, quicklly and affordably. Will you take me up on the offer?! I look forward to connecting.
To your success,
Join me in The Laptop Lifestyle Adventure
I am passionate about showing others how they can dream again and truly work their own business that gives them fulfillment