Yesterday, I went to a networking event at Elmara Flowers located in Windsor, Ontario. As soon as I walked in the door,
I knew I was going to enjoy a wonderful evening. When I got home that evening, I sat back and thought about the experience.
It made me wonder, "What makes a networking event successful?" Here are the top 10 things that were done.
1) Atmosphere ~Upon entry there were friendly greeters at the front door and a DJ playing music
2) Organization ~ A receiving table, sign up sheets and name tags with plenty of pens.
3) A Welcoming Hostess ~ Alicia Elmara, was quick to introduce herself with a big beautiful welcoming smile.
4) Food and Refreshments ~ Plenty and a great variety for all to enjoy.
5) A Platform for Introductions ~ In this particular case, a microphone was available at the front of the room for introductions.
6) A Photographer ~ Whether professional or amateur, have someone designated to capture everyone having fun .
7) Door Prizes ~ Who doesn't enjoy winning a little somethin', somethin'?
8) Support Team ~ People who can help to introduce people and connect them. Some people are shy.
9) Over Deliver ~ Keep the price point reasonable and give everyone more than expected. THIS FREE EVENT shocked us all!
10) Follow-up ~ After each event, thank all those who came. A thank you card in the mail will make the best impact.
What experiences have you had with networking events? Any favourite tips? Please feel free to leave your comments or suggestions below!
Join me in The Laptop Lifestyle Adventure
I am passionate about showing others how they can dream again and truly work their own business that gives them fulfillment